Security Insurance Group is staffed by independent insurance agents who provide personalized service for homeowners insurance, car insurance, business insurance and farm and ranch insurance. We’ve got every aspect of your life covered and because we work for you, not the big insurance companies, we can find you just the right policy. We will match your particular needs with a policy and try to get any discounts we can. We’ve come up with a list of tips to help us- help you with your claim. If you do these things, your policy can work for you during the claims process.
Keep a Household Inventory
- Take the time to make a list of all the valuable you have in the home.
- If you have receipts or estimates of value scan those in and keep them on the cloud.
- Mark down serial numbers, or photograph them.
- List non-valuables that would have to be replaced.
- Mark down the estimated value/cost to replace.
- Email the list to yourself so that you can access it remotely should your home be lost or inaccessible as a result of an emergency such as a fire or flood.
- When you first move into a home, you should take photos.
- Along with your household inventory, take good photos of valuable items, from multiple sides.
- Take photos of the exterior of your home as well, including the roof.
After the policy is chosen and sold, our job continues. We also handle your claim process. If you feel you have claim on any of your policies, you’ll come to us and we’ll handle the claims process.