Security Insurance Group is an independent insurance agency serving northern Colorado. We serve Fort Collins, Loveland, Windsor, and surrounding areas.
Riddle: Name something you have to have but never want to use?
Answer: Auto insurance!
Yeah, we know that’s a terrible joke, but it is true!
Auto Insurance is required by law and it’s a good thing it is. It only takes one time of parking your car in the wrong place, one storm, or one inattentive driver to bring you into the orbit of your car insurance agent.
The Good News
- Fort Collins consistently ranks as a large town with the safest drivers. If you drive around Fort Collins you are 30 percent less likely to be in a car accident than the national average.
- The average driver in Fort Collins experiences a car accident every 13.9 years.
The Bad News
- There has been a spike in fatalities from car accidents on I-25 near Fort Collins.
- In 2014, ten people died on I-25 in northern Colorado. That is more than three times the average from the last five years.
- In 2014, there were 310 car thefts in Fort Collins.
More Good News
- Security Insurance Group has your back.
- We can teach you about what types of coverage you should have.
Car Insurance Basics
- Bodily Injury Liability covers you in case of an accident that hurts or kills another person.
- Property Damage Liability coverage you in case that an accident damages property.
- Comprehensive coverage protects you from damage to your car, theft of your car, vandalism, fire, flood and hail. Hail protection in northern Colorado is something you want to have but never need!
We’ll cover more auto insurance basics in our next blog. Check back to learn more. In the meantime, don’t hesitate to call us at 970.373.2688 if you need any help with any type of insurance.