Security Insurance Group in Greely serves all of Northern Colorado including Fort Collins, Loveland and Windsor. We are staffed by independent insurance agents, so our agents will find you the best policy out there to meet your needs. We know the companies and the numerous policies and can find the perfect one for your needs. When you are looking at purchasing homeowners insurance for a condo unit, there are some basic terms to learn in order to make an informed decision.
- Studs-out policies are held by the HOA and cover the exterior of condo units, community-held group areas such as gyms, clubhouse, sidewalks, roofs, gutters, siding, elevators, and common hallways.
- What is left for the owner of the condo is called Studs-in insurance.
- A stud is a 2×4 beam that is used in the framing.
- Everything on the insides of the studs is your responsibility.
What Studs-in Insurance Covers
- Replacement of your structure in case it needs to be placed.
- This cost will be different from your purchase price.
- The cost of replacing all your personal items.
- The cost of living expenses while your home is being repaired or replaced.
- Liability insurance is also a good idea so that you’re covered if anything should happen to a visitor.
- Some HOA’s offer what’s called All-In coverage.
- This type of coverage covers Studs-out and Studs-In
- Only your personal possessions are not covered by this policy.
Security Insurance Group is an insurance agency staffed by highly trained and highly qualified independent insurance agents. We don’t work for an insurance company, we work for you.