Running your farm or ranch like a business can make the difference between a successful enterprise and one that struggles and bring you more stress than satisfaction. When running a farm or ranch, insurance is part of your risk management plan. There will always be risks in farming. Modern technology and farming practices have increased yields and reduced risks, but I don’t know any farmers or ranchers who don’t, at some level, enjoy the risk of this line of work.
Independent Insurance Agents
- Your agent doesn’t work for the insurance company. They work for you.
- Your agent will get to know you, and your farm or ranch and will find a policy to fit your exact needs.
- You agent will help you file any claim, should it come to that.
Farm Vehicle Insurance
- Vehicles on a farm get the work done and if something happens to your vehicle, work stops.
- Your agent can help you identify all the vehicles that can fall under farm use coverage.
- Whether it is drought or a blizzard, livestock farming, has its risks.
- Minimize your financial risk by having livestock insurance.
- Every farmer has a year when the crops fail.
- There could be no rain, or lots of rain but at the wrong part of the season.
- There are also storms and hail to think about.
- Another big risk a farmer faces if falling prices. If the market price falls, it will help your bottom line if you have adequate insurance coverage.
Call 970.373.2688 to speak to an independent insurance agent to manage your farm/ranch risk.